Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Crochet Beginnnings

So where to begin in the great wide world of crochet?

We really wanted to work out way to Amigurumi figures, but practice makes perfect, right?
So we began with a simple ball.
Done in teal, my favorite color of course.
Why bother just staring at boring white, when you can do it with some flare!


This website was super helpful when learning how to make simply objects.

To start a ball, you must learn two simple stitches: the magic ring and the single stitch.


Mine didn't come out too bad for a first try!


They also had heart shapes as well. These are super- cute!


Mine came out a bit lopsided, but still recognizable.


I tried a freehand object using all that I learned. I think I decided about half way through that it would be a pear. Can't have too many crocheted pears!


If you would like to try out these simple objects, you can find the free patterns in the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment